Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cue Training Montage

Oh, man.  Well, the unrelenting shitblizzard that affords me an income is actually starting to relent, and not a minute too soon: the DFW Writer's Conference kicks off in a mere 17 days, and I am going to need every ONE of them to get myself together.

Things to do over the next two weeks:

--write, practice, and perfect a pitch (holy crap*)
--roll out some business cards
--pick brains of veteran attendees, take copious notes
--learn how to dress for success competent adulthood

*this is easily the least-important and yet most-intimidating part; I hope I'm scheduled to go early, so I can get it done with and then kick back and enjoy all the remainder.

I tell you what: this whole project scares the dickens out of me, and no lie.  But after the months of nebulous hithering-and-thithering with feedback, revisions, and critiques, it's kind of nice to be able to drive a dart into the wall calendar and say "THIS is happening on THIS day."  I'll plan on that not happening again until that hypothetical moment when my hypothetical publisher sets a hypothetical release date.  Until then...!

Go ahead and sleep on the power couch. Your training begins tomorrow, at the crack of noon.

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine "Eye of the Tiger" playing as you prep! I used to have business cards >.< Nothing to do with writing, though.

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete