Friday, July 27, 2012

The Dry Heaves of Destiny

Well, folks, I went and did it.  Did one more cut n' polish (down from 124,682 to 119,516, HA!), formatted, saved, attached, and sent to the Agent of My Dreams.

After thirteen years, I am no longer Writing a Book.  I have Written a Book.  I am Shopping a Manuscript.  I am Actively Seeking Publication.

I have pupated.

And I wouldn't have gotten this far without truly phenomenal people in my life.

So I was hoping y'all could help me celebrate.  If you're game, reply here with a link to a favorite post on your blog.  It can be anything - just anything you're especially proud of - and on Monday I'll post them up here so that we can see, notice, and applaud your most potent stroke of genius.  (With a tip of the hat to Jon Gibbs, Mr. Fur-Face himself, from whom I have received this sacred ritual.)

In the meantime, I'm off to have a quick barf, and then it's forward and onward to ArmadilloCon.  Gimme some good stuff, guys - as of now, I am fresh out!

Sorry, Venkman.  I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is a huge step and you are right to take a moment to celebrate. In my writing group, whenever anyone finishes a draft of a novel, we have cupcakes. :-) Here is my link. It is not necessarily the post I think is the most brilliant so much as it is relevant to the milestone you are celebrating.

    http://writerswavelength.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-cant-win-if-you-dont-play.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Cynthia, I'm such a goob - I swore I'd already replied!

    But seriously, even though it's a week late, thank you for an AWESOME blog post - a more spot-on-perfect morale-booster there could not be. It's a cupcake for the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I just got rejected by the agent of my dreams and now I'm seriously considering self publishing.
    Here's the post I'm proud of...
    http://thedeathwriter.blogspot.com/2012/04/d-is-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit, Pam - are we going to have to cram that tin star up the kiester of every agent and editor in the business before they get the picture?!

    Seriously though - thanks hugely for the post, and let me look you up on Wednesday. We gotta talk about your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on reaching that milestone; it's one heck of an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the good thoughts, Kevin - it's sometimes tough to remember sometimes that this part here (*before* the big disco-ball splits and scatters confetti and hundred-dollar-bills all over the stage) is a milestone in itself. The reminder is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well we weren't ever in touch at this point in your writing career, but it's awesome you polished and sought out publication for your book! That's a huge step. I guess I'm curious how that went. I'd imagine there are a lot of tips when it comes to submitting, as well.

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete