Tuesday, September 11, 2012

By the Power of the Crimson Couch...

...I have spat, shook hands, signed papers, and am now officially represented by Jennie Goloboy at Red Sofa Literary.  (Yeah, that high-pitched "eeeeeeee" you've been hearing for the last couple of weeks was probably me.  Sorry.)

Yes, I made a cake.  No, I'm not the least bit sorry.
 

Thanks all for your hand-holding and well-wishes (and the constant supply of fresh paper bags for breathing, barfing, and/or boozing in the meanwhile.)  It's hard to know how I got so lucky, but I can say for a sure fact that landing the Agent of My Dreams would not have happened without the Friends of My Everyday Life.  There's a fresh and fantastically intimidating mountain of things to do now, but be assured that I will do y'all proud.  I shall not fail!

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting for you, and to have the agent of your dreams. May you have lots of success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, madame - now I just gotta pull you up after me! Write! Write like the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that it is public knowledge I can officially whoop it up for you. Congratulations! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, I am legit serious when I say that this has become more enjoyable since you got your awesome news at mini-con. Thank you for all your cheers and grats - I am so looking forward to returning the favor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's friggin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, buddy! I TOLD you your edits kicked it into shape - now stick a feather in your cap and get back to your book; I can't be doing this by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Best wishes for an exciting (in all the best ways) new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEY. Nice cake :) And congratulations. You're basically pure excellence (well, you know, with bits of weirdness folded in, but they probably only add to even better excellence).

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKS, y'all, for kicking ass and for keeping me accountable! (And you're very good to put up with the odd raisin in the cake, KFK - they do show up in the damndest places.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great, congratz! I'll be sure to check it out when it comes in stores. Must be a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and love the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, mysterious benefactor - you are so kind to say so!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always late to the party :-(

    Congrats! I guess that answers my previous question and all lol

    SOoOoOoOoooOooooooo... I know you can't have your cake and eat it too... but, did you? >.>

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete