Wednesday, June 5, 2013

And the Winner Is...

Okay, random.org has been down for 14 hours now, and I can't stand the suspense anymore.  So, courtesy of randomnumbergenerator.com, we have...






Febe Moss, come on down!  (Email me and let me know where Amazon can find you - soon, all the sentence-structuring secrets of the cosmos will be yours!)

HUGE thanks to all you guys who participated in this humble little project.  This has been hugely helpful and heartening, and I can't wait to start rolling out your awesome ideas. (I was surprised at how many people slipped me wonderful suggestions behind the scenes - maybe next time I should skip the prize and just ask y'all to wring your brains out on command!) 

Also, while we're conjugating "yay" and "huzzah", give a huge one to David Cambron - you know, the guy with all those naked bunnies?  Yeah, he's just signed papers with Inklings Literary Agency, but if you hurry and go right now, you MAY be able to say that you knew him before he was cool.  (This probably means I'll have to quit bullying him in the parking lot at our writers workshop, though.  Dang.)

Lastly, keep your eye on www.dfwcon.org.  Yes, it's the blog for the DFW Writers' Conference, but you don't need to be a local conference-goer to get good mileage out of it: we're going to be running weekly features on broader writing topics, and would really love to have input from writers of all types and stripes.  It's a quality operation.  And I'm not just saying that because they made me the editor.

--Hey, who wants to play Drink the Beer? 
--Right here.
--You win!
--All right, what do I win?
--Another beer!

6 comments:

  1. Hm, I'm conjugating "yay" and "huzzah" as *PELVIC THRUST* - is that right? It seems awkward and wrong but it FEELS SO RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you have it EXACTLY, sir. And although I couldn't tell without a video, I'd venture to say you got the accent down perfectly.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo I won!

    Congrats David! A friend of mine, Annie Neugebauer, just signed with inklings as well. Michelle seems like an awesome agent. Good luck!

    I can't wait to read your blog posts Tex! I love your writing voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dudette - I'm so late in saying so, but thanks so much for the love! (Let me know if the book got there okay - if it makes putting up with Texas summer even 2% less of a pain in the ass, it'll be worth it!)

      Delete
  3. YAY! Congrats to the winner :-) Enjoy the prizes while you can! My rotund beast is en route to procure it Ninja Feline style! Muahahahahaha

    Okay, not really... but he WOULD on command!

    Okay, no he wouldn't.

    God, Crooks is a prick.

    Naked bunnies... I dunno. Naked beach bunnies, yes please! ;-) (If they start using bunnies on the beach... your welcome!)

    Hmmm... is that DFW a blog only or active group shenanigans? You could do Google Hangouts with people not within the local vicinity?

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, DUDE. I'm not afraid to admit that I didn't even know that Google Hangouts was a thing - so the short answer is that we definitely haven't done anything like that, but what a swanky notion! (We do an in-person conference in DFW every year, but it'd be awesome to get to keep up with everybody in the cyber-zone for the rest of the year!)

      Delete