Friday, June 1, 2012

Throwing Down: June Edition

Listen up, June - I am officially throwing down the gauntlet.  I have cleaned off my desk, bought paper and ink and a fresh pack of highlighters, and charged the Kindle.  By the time you are over, I will have:

--edited my manuscript, start to finish

--finished critiquing my crit-partner's manuscript

--learned how to blog, tweet, and pin the way real people do*

(*specifically: I will read and implement Giving the Bird, resurrect my Absolute Write posting habits and start visiting bloggers there, and... figure out how Pinterest works.)

I will also award myself bonus points for every book I can get read this month.  Shit.  Hopefully 29-and-a-half  isn't too old to go to the library and get one of those summer reading club sheets.

So commit with me, people!  What are YOU going to knock out this month?

For this you will need one room, which you will not leave. Soothing music. Tomato soup, ten tins of. Mushroom soup, eight tins of, for consumption cold.

3 comments:

  1. Finishing a book proposal by Friday. Reading two books, hopefully interviewing some writers for my blog and I just started research for my next book so I need to start writing that stuff down.
    I'm a busy bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell YES you are - I'm tired just thinking about it!

    Way to keep up the pace, though - can I ask what your new book will be about, or is it under wraps for now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called "Finding my Religion" and it's a quest book about--drum roll please--finding my religion. One religion a month, one year, not all Christianity. At the end, I choose. Kinda like the bachelorette:)
    www.findingmyreligionblog.wordpress.com is the new blog.

    ReplyDelete