Saturday, June 30, 2012

Trimming the Fat, round 4

IT IS DONE.

Words axed:



Starting word count: 149,284
Ending word count: 124,682

Hot DAMN.  I know that that bar up there is 398 words shy of the 25,000 I swore to after the fact - I will work on that, and do one more quickie run to tweak a couple of the world-building particulars.  But for now, on the last day of the month, let it be recorded that I did what I said I was going to do, on time and at goal. 

I totally failed at all the other stuff, though.

So, new targets for July:

1.  E-mail the Agent of My Dreams to see how she'd like the manuscript sent (the website's grand but kind of vague on this point.)

2.  Finish, suck it up, and hit SEND.

3.  Avert slow descent into nail-biting madness by finishing promised critique and *starting a new thing*.  Maybe a short story.

More interesting content forthcoming.  I actually have about fifty awesome topics I want to rip into, but the sandman cometh.

We did it!  We did it!  We did it, yay!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling to achieve a goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete