Sunday, March 31, 2013

An Impending Burst of Gramma' Radiation

As some of you guys already know, I have the singular honor of presenting a class at this year's DFW Writer's Conference.  It's called "No Mustard on Your Shirt: Spill-Proofing Your Grammar and Style."

Here's the description:

It's a truth every interviewee knows:  there's nothing more tragic than missing out on your dream job because the interviewer can't see past the stain on your collar.  In this class, we'll tackle the grammar and style mistakes that even experienced writers make, and highlight winning strategies for scrubbing them out of your manuscript.  Don't give your reader even one easy reason to toss your work aside: come learn how to put the "pro" in your prose!

(And now a brief pause for pimping: the conference is going to be PHENOMENAL.  I am so pumped about the class line-up this year, and they've got enough agents and editors to choke a horse.  Get it on this quick if you want to go: regular registration ends on Thursday!)

Anyway, in anticipation of the conference, and in tandem with this year's Blogging from A to Z Challenge, I'm doing something I'll probably regret.  Each day in the month of April (Sundays excluded), I'm going to write about a different grammar issue and post it here.

"Tex, you mad fool!" you may exclaim.  "You'll never make it!"

Possibly not.  But I'm going to try!

"Well, good luck, I guess," you might concede.  "But all that wittering on about commas and prepositions - isn't it going to be ruinously boring?"

I'll let you be the judge of that...


Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

2 comments:

  1. Delightful concept for the A-Z, and I'm betting we can all learn something from it along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete