Friday, May 16, 2014

A Happy Hiatus

Hey guys!  Sorry, no Part 3 today - I have been waylaid by a thoroughly happy task.

It rhymes with "rage roofs."


But the news gets happier still: as of today, I am officially on board for CONvergence in Minneapolis!  I'll be a panelist for "Tell Me That Again! Classic Stories Retold", "Invisible Aces," and "Studio Ghibli & Anime After Miyazaki."  (You can click on the panel titles here to read the full descriptions.  Short story: ten kinds of awesome.  Eleven kinds of excited.)

Anyway, much love and MANY thanks to everybody who's been chatting and commenting this week – I have enjoyed it more than you know.  Next week: Part 3, blog hop fun, and a genuine bona-fide insider list of Hot Tips for Winning Write Club 2014.  Stay tuned!

One town's very like another 
When your head's down over your pieces, brother

5 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Nuts.!.

    I feel like I have to make I actually make it to CONvergence this year! I've always wanted to go, but I never seem to make it. I clicked the link, but I couldn't find pricing info, for whatever reason.

    Congrats! It's awesome you will be presenting/being a panelist during the event!

    Did you win Write Club?! I am suspect with the whole lead in there! Unfortunately, I lost track after week 3 or 4 :( If having to be honest, I disliked that the pieces were labeled with a genre. I thought they should have been unlabeled. If the only merit they were being judged one was the writing itself.

    Regardless, now I am super curious. It's been ages since stopping by (was on a hiatus of sorts myself... and... yeah), but I saw this post pop up on my feed!

    Hope you've been doing good, and from the sounds of it you certainly are!

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUDE! Awesome to hear from you, buddy - I am so glad you're still around! You so, so, SO have to come to CONvergence - it is as far from my neck of the woods as I've ever been before, and it would be awesome to go in knowing that I'm gonna know at least one fellow CON-virgin!

      (And yes: I made it out on top at Write Club last year, and had a grand old time. I'd be glad to pass along your suggestion, by the way - I don't know the reason for the genre labelling, but it never hurts to ask!)

      Delete
  2. You're like a total rock star, Tex. Are you going to have a book signing event so I can get my signed copy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yes I will! (Help me seduce the people over at the big Half-Price. It'll be delectable.) And I tell you what, Pam: if I can get you to believe that you're even half as awesome as you think I am, you are gonna feel like a million bucks. Thank you so much for the vote of confidence, ma'am!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete