Monday, July 28, 2014

On the Seventh Day of Launchmas...

...I have not one, but two fun things to share with you!

First of all, my terrific good buddy and #SFFpit mastermind Dan Koboldt is hosting me over at his blog today.  It's a post called Finding the Love in One-Star Reviews - in which I confess a nasty little pastime of mine, and talk about the peculiar overlap between the people who over-the-moon LOVE your book, and those who flung it across the room in frustration and disgust.

(And like, go for the post, but stay for Dan - as if his own work as a bona-fide one-alignment-shift-from-supervillainy geneticist isn't enough, he's also hosting other experts to help expose and correct common errors in the technical aspects of sci-fi and fantasy, and I can't recommend it enough.  This week's entry is about horses!)

And then!

And THEN.

And then you absolutely must head back over to The Author Visits, because today the first half of my interview is live!  Not going to lie, you guys: I've really enjoyed this whole string of guest posts and interviews so far, but this one is a special favorite of mine: Veena and I talk about the inspiration behind One Night in Sixes, working with a professional linguist (hi Jason!) to create languages for the different people in the book, and somehow I even managed to work in a mention of twitching butt-muscles.  It's immense!

(And while you're there, don't forget to sign up for the giveaway at the bottom of the page - somebody's going to win a signed copy of the book on Saturday, and it just might be you!)


Meanwhile, our man Elim has made it across the river and into native territory - but not unnoticed.

As the last disturbed eddies finally disappeared, a pale face emerged from the river. Its unblinking black eyes watched as the two-colored man first spoke to the horse, and then let it follow him as calm and surely as if he had ensorcelled it.

4 comments:

  1. Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed meeting you at Armadillocon this past weekend. Hope you had as much fun at the convention as I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise, Jim - meeting you was a surprise and a delight, and I'm so glad I got the chance! Please keep busy on the writing front - I am so looking forward to cracking open A Darkling Sea!

      Delete
  2. Wish I could go to the book launch, but I have a bridal shower to attend. I wish you all the best tho, and will go to a future signing. Do one in Denton :-p Then I don't have to drive far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal! You cover the weddings, I'll cover the bookstores, and I'll meet you at Cafe Brazil to compare notes!

      Delete