Thursday, July 24, 2014

On the Third Day of Launchmas...

...my true love gave to me: a great excuse to spam you with cover art!

My good buddy J.K. Cheney is having me on for today's edition of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the NYT Bestseller List.   If you've ever wondered why there seem to be three versions of my cover running around on the Internet, here is your chance to unravel the mystery!

In the meantime, the map-work continues apace:



And as the town begins to take shape, so too does Elim's understanding of Sil's intentions...

Sil looked up at Elim. A sleepless night had deepened the shadows under his eyes. "Well, I was just thinking," he said. "I'm sorry I couldn't sell the rest of the horses for you-all, but really it isn't reasonable to take them across the border."

Well, thank God he'd cured himself of that notion. Elim led Molly out behind him. "Right..."


"So," Sil paused to slip the toe of his left boot through the stirrup, "I think the best thing will be to take them back to Boss Calvert and let him decide how to handle it." He hefted himself up and over the saddle. "And as for me personally – I don't think I've had my fill of traveling quite yet. In fact, I rather think a change of climate might do me good."


Elim stared up at Sil. "What."


Sil gave Actor a quarter turn, the reins light and loose in his hand. "I'm going on west."


Elim stiffened. "The hell you are."


But today the warning in his eyes and voice had no effect. Sil leaned forward over the saddle horn, so exactly-despicably like himself. "Well, Elim, the thing is... you can't stop me."


Oh no he didn't!  Tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Two Idiot Cowboys.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tex,

    I went and voted on your cover - I really like it so it was an easy, honest vote.

    I’ve been online to Chapter (Indigo) to see if my local store has your book in yet - seems July 29th is when it’s out here. I’m calling tomorrow to see if I need to do any preordering.

    I’m still debating downloading it on my Kindle - but I sorta want a hard copy!

    It seems like there’s lots of great energy around the release and lots of buzz, and I’m liking these excerpt too… great teasers.

    I’m wishing you continued excitement and lots of great sales.

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Jenny - I was wondering if this blog-a-day thing was doing anything! Thank you so much for the cheers and for your interest in the book - I would *definitely* hold out for the hard copy, BTW. (There's a cool map in the front and a glossary in the back, which'll probably be much easier to use when you're actually holding the book in your hand.) Haven't forgotten your email, BTW - will hit you back ASAP!

      Delete
    2. That's the reason I like books too - you get to flip back and forth with ease - I'm not a fan of ebooks that much but will resort to reading on my Kindle when I'm out and about.

      I'm excite to be part of this great adventure by being a reader!
      These daily posts are great - your energy is amazing! :)

      Delete